The Book of Ezekiel – Part 9
Calvary Baptist Church — SOTB — The Book Of Ezekiel — Part 9
Ezekiel Chapter 13
Ezekiel Chapter 13 (Ezekiel 13)
1) Ezekiel says that the word of the Lord came unto him (Eze 13:1a)
(Jer 1:4) (Jer 1:11) (Jer 1:13) (Jer 13:3) (Jer 13:8) (Jer 24:4) (Jer 32:6)
(Eze 3:16) (Eze 6:1) (Eze 7:1) (Eze 11:14) (Eze 12:21) (Eze 13:1)
(And then another 31 times in the book of Ezekiel)
(Zech 4:8) (Zech 6:9)
2) Ezekiel is told to Prophesy against the Prophets of Israel. (Eze 13:2a)
***Note that in Ezekiel’s day Prophecy was a genuine spiritual gift***
(Eze 4:7) (Eze 6:2) (Eze 11:4) (Eze 21:2) (Eze 34:2) (Eze 36:1)
(Eze 37:4) (Eze 37:9) (Rev 10:11)
3) Ezekiel is told that the prophets of Israel
prophesy out of their own hearts and imaginations.
(Eze 13:2b) (Eze 13:7) (Isa 9:15)
4) Ezekiel is told to preach the word of the Lord to these prophets
who were prophesying in their own wisdom. (Eze 13:2c)
“Hear ye the word of the Lord”
***This is the way forward when dealing with
any false spiritual teacher so called***
5) Ezekiel is told some characteristics
about these non genuine prophets of Israel. (Eze 13:3)
- They are Foolish.
- They follow their own spirit.
- They have seen Nothing — In other words they know Nothing.
(Lam 2:14) (Hosea 9:7) (Zec 11:15) (Prov 15:2) (Prov 15:14) (Eze 13:6-7)
6) Ezekiel is told that Israel’s false prophets are just like — Foxes (Jackals)
— in the deserts — Among ruins — and in waste places. (Eze 13:4)
“The thought here being that these false prophets
— Know nothing — Achieve nothing — and are Worth nothing”
(Song 2:15) (Rom 16:18) (Micah 2:11) (Matt 7:15) (2 Cor 11:13-15)
(2 Thess 2:9-10) (1 Tim 4:1-2) (Titus 1:10-12)
7) Ezekiel is told that the false prophets of Israel have done: (Eze 13:5)
a) Nothing by the way of taking responsibility for the genuine work of God.
“Ye have not gone up into the gaps”
b) Nothing in the way of strengthening God’s people for the battles ahead.
“Neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle”
(Eze 22:30) (Psalm 106:23) (Jer 23:22) (Ex 17:9-13) (1 Sam 2:23)
8) Ezekiel is told that the false prophets of Israel
have seen vanity and lying divination. (Eze 13:6a)
(Jer 14:14) (Jer 27:9) (Jer 29:8-9) (Eze 22:28) (Matt 24:24) (Jer 13:16-17)
9) Ezekiel is told that the Lord has NOT sent
these false prophets of Israel. (Eze 13:6b)
(Jer 28:15) (Jer 14:14) (Jer 23:31-32) (Jer 29:31) (Jer 27:15) (Jer 29:9)
(Jer 23:21) (Neh 6:10-13) (Jer 23:16)
10) Ezekiel is told that the false prophets of Israel
spread lies and predict comfort and peace
hence leading God’s people wrongly into a false sense of security.
(Eze 22:8) (Jer 28:15) (Jer 37:19) (Prov 14:15) (Jer 29:31) (Mark 13:6)
11) Ezekiel is told that the false prophets use lying divination. (Eze 13:7)
(Lev 19:26-31) (Lev 20:6) (Isa 47:13) (Deut 8:9-14) (2 Kings 17:17)
(Isa 8:19) (Jer 14:14) (Jer 27:9) (Jer 28:8-9) (Eze 12:24) (Eze 21:21-23)
(Eze 22:28) (Micah 3:6-7) (Zech 10:2) (Mal 3:5) (Acts 16:16)
12) Ezekiel is told that because the false prophets
had spoken vanities,and seen lies
— God would be against them. (Eze 13:8)
“God opposes demonic activity and the Proud”
(James 4:6) (1 Peter 1:5) (Deut 2:15) (Judges 2:15) (1 Sam 7:13)
(1 Sam 12:15) (Psalm 34:16) (1 Peter 3:12) (Eze 30:22) (Lev 17:10)
(Lev 20:3) (Lev 20:6) (Jer 44:11) (Jer 21:10) (Eze 15:7) (Eze 14:8)
13) Ezekiel is told other actions which will be taken by God
against false prophets. (Eze 13:9)
- God’s hand shall be AGAINST the false prophets. (Eze 13:9a)
- God says the false prophets will NOT be in the assembly of God’s people.
- God says the false prophets will not be written in the writing of the house of Israel.
- God says the false prophets will not enter into the House of Israel.
- God says through the judgement of God upon the false prophet
God’s people would come to know Him.
14) Ezekiel is told that the false prophets had seduced God’s people.
(Jer 23:17) (Jer 6:14) (2 Tim 3:13) (2 John 1:7-11) (2 Kings 21:9)
(Mark 13:22) (Acts 20:30) (1 Tim 4:1) (Rev 2:20) (1 John 2:26)
15) Ezekiel is told that just like untempered mortar
the words of the false prophets will fail
And fall and not stand up to genuine scrutiny. (Eze 13:11-12)
16) Ezekiel is told by God some more information
about God’s Judgement of false prophets: (Eze 13:13)
- God’s wrath will be evidenced by violent wind.
- God’s wrath will be evidenced by flooding rain.
- God’s wrath will be evidenced by hailstones.
17) Ezekiel is told that God’s judgement will demonstrate to all
that the words of the false prophet
are bare and without foundation. (Eze 13:14)
18) Ezekiel is told that in due course the false prophets of Israel
will be brought to nothing and will be gone. (Eze 13:15-16)
EZEKIEL’S PROPHECY AGAINST FALSE FEMALE PROPHETS.
EZEKIEL 13 VERSES 17-23
1) Ezekiel is told to turn towards and oppose the women;
the women of God’s people who Prophesy. (Eze 13:17a)
2) Ezekiel is told the women who prophesy
do it according to their own wrong inclinations. (Eze 13:17b)
(Eze 13:2) (Rev 2:20) (2 Peter 2:1)
3) Ezekiel is told to prophesy against the women of God’s people who prophesy.
4) Ezekiel is told that he must tell these women who prophesy
that it will be terrible for them because they sew magic bracelets upon their wrists.
5) Ezekiel is told that he must tell these women who prophesy
that they are ensnaring people by their demonic activity. (Eze 13:18b)
(2 Peter 2:14) (Eze 13:10) (Eze 22:25) (Eph 4:14)
6) Ezekiel is told that these women who prophesy
are actually profaning God in front of His people
and all this for just a handful of barley and a morsel of bread.
(Prov 28:21) (Rom 18:18) (2 Peter 2:2-3)
7) Ezekiel is told that these women who prophesy
are causing people to die who should not die
and causing people to live who should not live.
8) Ezekiel is told again that these women who prophesy are deceiving God’s people.
9) Ezekiel is told that these women who prophesy have a captive audience
because God’s people are prone to believe their lies. (Eze 13:19d)
10) Ezekiel is told that God is opposed to the pillows
(Amulets) (Magic Bands) (Charms)
11) Ezekiel is told that these pillows which the women who prophesy use
snare human lives (Souls) like birds would be snared. (Eze 13:20b)
12) Ezekiel is told that Ultimately the people who these women prophesy to and snare
will be freed by God if they are willing to be freed. (Eze 13:20c)
13) Ezekiel is told that God will tear off the veils of these women who prophesy
and that he will deliver His people from the snare of these women who prophesy
and His people will no longer be under their control. (Eze 13:21)
14) Ezekiel is told that these women who prophesy have committed 2 awful things:
- They have dismayed and disheartened the heart of the righteous person by their lies.
- They have encouraged the wicked person NOT to turn from their sin by their false prophecy.
15) Ezekiel is told by God that
The False Prophecy — The False Visions — The False Divination
these women are committing will be brought to an end by God himself. (Eze 13:23)
MAIN THEME 9 IN THE BOOK OF EZEKIEL:
THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.
1) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL was Rebellious.
(Eze 2:5-6) (Eze 2:8)
2) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL was to be preached to by Ezekiel. (Eze 3:1)
(Eze 3:4) (Eze 11:5) (Eze 20:27) (Eze 20:30)
3) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL was Ezekiel’s prime mission
— He was sent to them. (Eze 3:5)
4) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL would not listen to God or Ezekiel. (Eze 3:7)
5) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL is Impudent and Hardhearted. (Eze 3:7)
6) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL has Ezekiel as their watchman. (Eze 3:17)
7) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL was a key part of Ezekiel’s acting prophecies.
(Eze 4:3-5) (Eze 5:4) (Eze 6:11) (Eze 12:6)
8) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL committed great abominations. (Eze 8:6)
9) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL contained individuals who
set up Idols in their hearts. (Eze 14:4-5)
10) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL are commanded to repent. (Eze 14:6-7)
11) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL accused God by saying his ways are not equal.
(Eze 18:25) (Eze 18:29)
12) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL would be
judged according to their ways. (Eze 18:30) (Eze 33:20)
13) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL is asked by God
— Why will ye die? (Eze 18:31) (Eze 33:11)
14) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL will be in God’s Holy Mountain. (Eze 20:40)
15) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL has become dross to God. (Eze 22:18)
16) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL will be regathered by God. (Eze 28:25)
17) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL will be given power. (Eze 29:21)
18) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL are God’s people. (Eze 34:30)
19) The HOUSE OF ISRAEL will have future hope.
(Eze 36:10) (Eze 35:15) (Eze 36:37) (Eze 37:16) (Eze 39:22)